Making Your Own Cushion Covers
Cushion covers are one of the simplest ways for you to change how a room looks. Changing a cushion cover from a simple, single color pattern to a floral pattern can change the tone of your room in an instant. But what if you don’t want to drop the money on new cushions every time that you want to change your room up?Some people opt to save money on home décor by making their own cushion covers. If you know how to sew and you can do so fairly well, this may not be a bad idea. Here is a list of things that you will need in order to make your own couch cushions at home:
- Cushion pads. Even if you have your own cushions, using cushion pads of the same size can help you to make patterns when you’re inspired while keeping your cushions on your couch.
- Fabric. Keep fabric on hand, buy it from craft stores when it’s cheap, and collect some of it. This can help you save money in the long run, and some of that fabric could inspire your next project. Also, make sure that you have more than enough of each type of fabric; sometimes you will make mistakes and
- Sewing materials. Thread, needles, pins, and scissors are all necessary for any sewing project.
- Sewing machine. Yes, you can make cushion covers by hand, but you will get a lot more done if you have a high-quality sewing machine that you can use.
- Patience. Sewing projects take time and energy, and sometimes they can get frustrating. Patience will help you get through any of those minor irritations that you may have to deal with.
Dozens of websites have cushion patterns available if you need advice on how your cushions should look. Do your research and look around a bit to find the designs and styles that you like before you start making them. There are a lot of them out there, so don’t just settle for one because it looks simple; get creative and find what you like.
Overall, making your own cushion covers can be incredibly enjoyable and rewarding. On top of that, it can save you quite a bit of cash as well. If you’re someone that changes your cushion covers regularly, consider making them yourself instead of wasting time and money in the store.
Head honcho and self proclaimed expert of all things
Leave a comment